Taking the FMGC out of the Sim
What is the FMGC?
The FMGC (Flight Management Guidance Computer) is a crucial part of the pilot-aircraft interface in the Airbus flightdeck. All phases of flight are managed through this system, allowing pilots to optimise speeds, altitudes and routes to ensure they maintain the critical balance between commercial and safety factors. Significant training and experience is required for pilots to be fully literate with all of the functions of this complex system and ongoing practice is required to maintain proficiency.
How are FMGC skills usually acquired?
Pilots are normally trained basic FMGC features in free-play standalone FMGC units, and advanced skills are learnt in Fixed Base and Full Flight Simulators (FFS).
Why use our FMGC Trainer?
The Winglet Media FMGC Trainer takes away the need for pilots to learn FMGC skills in expensive training environments and requires no Training Captain instruction. As an internet-ready solution we enable pilots to learn and maintain their FMGC skills on any computer with internet access, rather than wait for costly and pressurised simulator sessions. Our product is updated in line with FMGC modifications instantly across an entire training organisation, so pilots always train in line with the latest procedures and features.
Our FMGC Trainer is available as a custom-made solution for your Airbus conversion courses (ab-initio pilots) and for recurrent training (experienced Airbus pilots).
Available for A320 family, A330, A340.
- Reduction in Full Flight Simulator time
- Reduction in associated training costs (Training Captain time, accommodation, transport, expenses etc)
- Potential reduction in insurance premiums due to reduced training risk and increased success rates
- Increase in trainee pilot throughout and/or reduction in training costs
- Bespoke solution; tailor-made to each client's SOPs and Airbus fleet
- Instantaneous updates across entire training network
- No FMGC training schedule required and no limit to simultaneous users
- Company wide FMGC training requirements in one solution
- Develop and maintain FMGC skills with zero pressure outside of the aircraft and away from the normal recurrent/conversion course simulator schedule
- Your computer becomes a FMGC training platform on demand, at any time, in any location
- Perfect your SOPs with bespoke Tutorials* (*specific solutions only)
- CDROM*, Intranet or Internet Delivery (*specific solutions only)
- No maintenance issues and virtually zero "down-time"
- No requirement for a dedicated training facility or specialised equipment
- Easy and quick to set up
Minimum system requirements:
PC: Pentium III 800MHz, 256Mb RAM, Internet Connection - Dial-up or Broadband (except for CDROM solutions), single monitor, latest Adobe Flash and Shockwave Players (downloaded free from the adobe.com website)
Apple Mac: PowerPC Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or Higher, 256Mb RAM, Internet Connection - Dial-up or Broadband (except for CDROM solutions), latest Adobe Flash and Shockwave Players (downloaded free from the adobe.com website)